Saturday, June 12, 2010

More Purple Goodness

This is coming along nicely - left front is almost done. Yarn is Andean Silk from Knit Picks. It's very soft and drapey - and intensely purple.  Pattern is from Classic Elite and looks cute but is very pissy.  There is shaping at the neck, at the armholes; there are hourglass darts in the lower section; there is a small lace pattern.  Nothing is challenging, but I get so tired of counting rows for each bit of business simultaneously. Decrease 6 times every 2nd row, then 4 times every 6th row, blah blah blah. When I get to the buttonholes on the right front, I'll have one more thing to track. I'm looking forward to my next project - I'll pick one where I can just sit and relax and knit.

On another knitting note, I visited a local wool shop yesterday* (Sheep's Clothing in Kennewick) to find that it had just been sold. The new owners have great plans for things and it sounded all very exciting. As we got talking I mentioned that I had taught classes for them about 10 years ago when they were in an old location. The guy's eyes positively lit up when he learned that I had done a Norwegian sweater class before and that I would consider doing one again.

*Like I so needed to buy more yarn.  (I was actually trying to track down one more ball that I'll need to finish a different vest.  I shouldn't have waited a year to decide I didn't have enough- I'll be on quite a goose chase or have a UFO forever.)

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, my favorite color right now, loving all shades of purple, from lavender, periwinkle violet, etc! beautiful!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete