Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Second Instar

I posted a pencil draft of this knot ring a while ago. I did the first round of ink work this weekend.  I'm not sure yet how the remaining areas will be filled in, or even if the four corners will be the same. Final dimensions will be a rectangle of about the width and height of the diamond shape you see. I hadn't drawn any beetles lately and I missed them.  It may be hard to see the two big leaves - one has eggs on it, the other has been chewed.  I'm mulling about themes of circles and cycles.

Other recent ink finishes...I'm planning on adding some color yet still to the serpent.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh the bug piece is looking intriguing - can't wait to see where you go with it. The chewed leaf and eggs on the other do show up quite well in the scan so the cycle of life imagery is coming through clearly.

    The serpent is so cute - again quite interested to see what sort of colour qrok you are going to add ...

    The bottom piece is quite unusual and something different. I quite like it!

    ReplyDelete