Thursday, April 4, 2013

BLX

And the best new toy in the office today...Uni-ball BLX pens. I found these at Staples yesterday. They are the coolest colors, as advertised they are colors "infused" into black ink. They remind me of the custom colors I blend up for my fountain pens.

You might think that the brand new computer I just bought would be the cool new thing, but it is currently the symbol of all pain.  My laptop died a hard death, having celebrated only its second birthday. It's eventually going to be getting a new motherboard, but I decided I didn't want to be out of commission for as long as it would take to get that turned around. Seems we always need a backup laptop anyway.

Let's just say I'm not in a very good mood right now. Windows 8 is the suckiest interface I've ever seen. I can only hope that it grows on me. I've had the lovely task of attempting to install all of my various software programs and recover data. I'm far from being fully functional, but at least I can write down notes about which drivers failed and such using the coolest new ink colors.

1 comment:

  1. Can you remove it and instal 7? My laptop is on the fritz too and I'm holding off because of 8.

    ReplyDelete